Monday, January 22, 2007

Beargrease Postponement News in Anchorage

The postponement of the John Beargrease Sled Dog Race from January 28 until February 25 was news in Anchorage Alaska. KTVA-TV, Anchorage, cited the lack of snow along the race route from Duluth to the Gunflint Trail and back for the delay.

However, while the lack of snow along much of the North Shore many be true, on the Gunflint snow depth while less then normal are adequate with eight to ten inches on the ground.


Post a Comment

<< Home